The Spanish government approved Friday a broad educational reform emphasizing standardized tests combined with reduced spending that it says will reduce one of Europe’s highest secondary school dropout rates -- and decrease the number of students being held back each year.
Business news from around the world:
• Canadian leader says tar sands oil will move through America with or without Keystone XL pipeline (Oklahoman).
• Groups press big retailers on safety overseas (New York Times).
• Why this entrepreneur ditched the United States for Canada (CNN).
• Europe car sales break losing streak (BBC).
• Spain's biggest bank says economy has bottomed out (CNBC).
is a collection of country and region web sites providing local news and information to a worldwide audience.
Use InsideWorld’s headlines available on this site to access the latest stories. Or sign up today.