Business news from around the world:
• Canadian leader says tar sands oil will move through America with or without Keystone XL pipeline (Oklahoman).
• Groups press big retailers on safety overseas (New York Times).
• Why this entrepreneur ditched the United States for Canada (CNN).
• Europe car sales break losing streak (BBC).
• Spain's biggest bank says economy has bottomed out (CNBC).
Kansas City-based Commerce Bancshares announced Wednesday evening that it would purchase Tulsa-based Summit Bancshares Inc. at the pricetag of $40.6 million worth of Commerce stock, the Wichita Business Journal reports.
The Summit Bank parent has assets of $261 million, and will bulk up Commerce’s portfolio from $384 million in loans to about $600 million, the report says.
Commerce Bancshares President and COO John Kemper said the company was excited to expand in Tulsa and enter the Oklahoma…
is a collection of country and region web sites providing local news and information to a worldwide audience.
Use InsideWorld’s headlines available on this site to access the latest stories. Or sign up today.